Report False Positive Detection – AVG is among the best free antivirus available to you. It provides detections from various malware, viruses, spam etc for your system. AVG comes with some advanced security tools. It checks malware and Spam in your incoming emails and makes sure that there is no any spam available in the emails or attachments. Sometimes AVG also Report false positive scan for some files which are not affected.
How to Report False Positive Detection to the AVG to update their Virus Database?
To report false positive detection to the AVG virus lab we need to follow some steps. Simply, False Positive Detection is an error in which an antivirus falsely detects viruses in some files which are not spam or malware. To resolve this issue we need to report it to the AVG virus Lab. They will confirm your AVG issue and try to resolve it as soon as possible.
How to report incorrect detection in your website –
When AVG detects viruses in web pages, possibly it is an infected web page. In order to harm your computer from malware, Virus makers keep trying to locate secure FTP sites on daily basis. After that, they try to modify those secure FTP web pages. Furthermore, when you try to access such web pages, it redirects you to the websites containing the fake address and also viruses.
Steps to cure incorrect detection in web pages –
- To cure this problem, you need to reload the whole web page.
- Reloading the whole web page means, rewriting the correct address in the address bar of the browser.
How to detect harmless applications or websites:
Sometimes, AVG detects a virus and you think that the detected file is harmless. In order to resolve False Positive Detection Issue, please follow the certain steps:
- When you have a suspicion that the file detected by AVG contains no malware. Then you need to make sure that you are not using an older version of AVG.
- You need to upgrade your antivirus in order to resolve this error.
- Sometimes incorrect detection is caused by outdated virus database.
- To resolve this issue, you need to update the virus database.
- Afterward, you need to scan again and make sure that the virus is not detecting that particular file.
Reporting a False Positive Detection
In order to report false positive detection in your computer, you need to fill a false detection submission form. Follow these steps to report false positive detection:
- First of all, visit AVG support and open and then open ‘Send us a sample page’.
- After that, ‘Choose an appropriate request type’ and select the type of false detection you are experiencing.
- For detected files, you need to choose ‘false alarm on file’.
- For detected websites, you need to choose ‘False alarm on web resource’.
- Furthermore, you need to fill in the details of the problem you are facing right now.
- From here, you can choose the detected file from ‘choose file’ option.
- Click on ‘choose file’ and browse the detected file and click open at last.
- In case, AVG is preventing you to open that file then you can disable it temporarily.
- When it comes to the infected website, you need to put infected website’s URL in the URL column.
- You need to enter full URL of that webpage.
- After that, enter the verification code as required.
- Lastly, you need to click on ‘submit query’ to finish the process.
If the virus has been detected when you finished the process. The AVG will automatically update the Virus Database. When the database is updated, it includes all latest malware and virus. It also includes pages which are Spam. It will now make your system safer than before. If the Report False Positive Detection is not successful then simply call the AVG Support for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions – AVG Support
- Avast false positive
- Avast false positive fix
- BitDefender report a false positive
- Avast false positive website
- Avast false positive 2017
- AVG antivirus phone
- Report False Positive Detection
- Avast false positive form
- Avast mobile security false positive
These are the some of the common issues faced by our users. To fix all the queries related to AVG antivirus, you can visit AVG support. You can also contact to us on our toll-free number to get assistance on this issue by our technical expert team.